Hi again talkers,
I’ve been working on a few things these days. Since my boyfriend and I got a kitten together, he started talking about refreshing his place and ofc I was in for that. We went to an awesome decoration and craft store in Maastricht en bought a lot of things to make beautiful creations, paintings and decoration. After that he had a fantastic idea to paint the walls. First everything, yes really, everything was whitewhitewhite. It’s not that i don’t liked it but i’m more of a warm person that likes cosiness and warmth. Now one of them has a really beautiful dark turquoise color, which is called Oldtimer Rally.
It turned out darker then the photo, but we both really like it! Now we are working on some paintings and decorations to hang on the walls and decorate the place with. So let’s go on to that DIY i was talking about. I made a little, now i’m not sure how i can call it, decoration piece. You can use it to put a candle in but also for just a little spotlight on your cabinet.
So this is what you need to do:
1) Take some aluminium foil and just make form that you want. I took a cup to make the underground flat and to start the beginning form of the decoration piece.
2) I made the back a bit longer then the front to give it a unique form. Just rip the foil wherever you want to , you can make any form you want. I kept it simple for the first time.
3) Gather all the candles you can find in all different colors. It’s easier when you light up the candle and when the wax is melted you can make a bottom first. Throw the wax on the flat surface so you get a hard and stable form where it can stand on. When that is dry you can start with all different colors . Shake the wax onto the form. That way you get little drops of wax in different colors on your foil.
Be sure you don’t throw the wax on one place but divide it over the whole foil. You can turn the form so that the was reaches a wider area. You can also burn your wax under another candle, but when you keep it to close you get black wax instead of the color it should be.
4) You can do this until you like your result but be sure you use a lot of colors together. I used purple, red, green, brown and purple. All dark colors, but as you may know these colors become lighter as you melt them.
5) Let it dry for about 2 minutes after the color. You can also mix the melted wax with each other to get new and special colors. On my form you can still see a bit of foil, but i didn’t mind that. Ofc you can choose that for yourself. Just let the wax dry and there you go, you have new piece of recycled decoration.
Hope you have fun trying this yourself. You can really relax doing this and you can have so much fun with it. If you made this yourself please let me see your decoration as well, i’m very curious to see. Enjoy!